Sunday morning at New Community is an intentional time of corporate worship. It is a time for us to celebrate the greatness of our God with one another in community as the body of Christ through corporate worship in song, communion, prayer, and biblical teaching. Join on us on Sundays and be welcomed into a community of believers that genuinely love Jesus and one another. We believe in living in community. Join us for a Sunday Celebration and take the first step into a community of believers striving to love like Jesus and live like Jesus.
Worship celebrations are offered for worshippers of all ages in the main auditorium at 9:00 and 10:45 a.m. We also have worship celebrations for children at the same times in the lower level of the building. Elementary age children can gather in a celebration we call NC Kids. We offer preschool classes on Sunday as well and a nursery during both celebrations.
What Should I Expect on Sundays?
- There is programming available for your children (Nursery-5th Grade)
- The band will play 3-4 songs and the music is energetic, contemporary, passionate, and honest.
- We participate in communion every week accompanied by a scripture based meditation.
- We have a 5 minute Community Time after our first song intended for you to meet someone new or greet a friend, and connect.
- Pastor Mike Willich will provide a biblical teaching for 25-35 minutes.
- An offering box is located at Connection Point, you can tap the Give tab in our app or on our website for digital giving opportunities, and we'll pass some offering buckets after communion.
- If this is your first or second time visiting New Community, please fill out a Connection Card located on the bottom of your bulletin and drop it off in the offering buckets or box at Connection Point, or fill out a Connection Card on our NC App.
Why Do You Call It A Celebration And Not A Service?
We believe we shouldn’t be coming simply to be served on Sunday mornings. We should be coming to celebrate the greatness of our God with others! We believe that our worship should extend all week, not just on Sunday morning.
What Should I Wear?
Clothes are a good start! You should come as you are and wear whatever makes you comfortable as you engage in worship with your church family. We don’t care what you wear, we care about walking out faith with you.
How We Celebrate Communion
We believe it’s important for our church body to take time every Sunday to reflect, center ourselves and focus on Jesus. We do this because of the incredible sacrifice that was paid on the cross. It’s something to celebrate! So, every Sunday our pastors or elders will give a communion meditation to help us get focused on the cross. Then, we partake in the communion elements. We engage in the elements of communion a little differently each week. Sometimes we pass a tray, sometimes we employ other methods. We don’t ask that you fly your flag here at New Community to participate; we only ask that you are believer in Jesus Christ.
What Is Community Time?
Community Time is a piece of our celebrations set aside to get up out of our seats and connect! During this time we encourage you to stand up, get some info at Connection Point, or grab a cup of coffee, but more importantly, connect with another human being. The purpose of Community Time is to engage with one another, meet someone new, and connect.