Sunday morning at New Community is an intentional time of corporate worship. It is a time for us to celebrate the greatness of our God together as we worship in song, communion, prayer, generosity, and biblical teaching. We believe in living in community. Join us for a Sunday worship gathering and take the first step into a community of believers striving to love like Jesus and live like Jesus.
Worship gatherings are for all ages in the main auditorium at 9:00 and 10:45 a.m. We also have programs for children at the same times in the lower level of the building. Elementary age children are welcome to join NC Kids. We offer preschool classes on Sunday as well and a nursery for children under 3.
What Should I Expect on Sundays?
- There are programs available for your children (Nursery-5th Grade), but all ages are welcome in our main worship gathering.
- The band will play 3-4 songs and the music is energetic, contemporary, passionate, and honest.
- We participate in communion every week.
- We have a short Community Time after our first song intended for you to meet someone new or greet a friend and connect.
- One of our pastors will provide a biblical teaching for 25-35 minutes.
- An offering box is located at Connection Point, you can tap the Give tab in our app or on our website for digital giving opportunities, and we'll pass some offering buckets after communion.
- If this is your first or second time visiting New Community, please fill out a Connection Card located on the bottom of your bulletin and drop it off in the offering buckets or box at Connection Point, or fill out a Connection Card on our NC App.
- On months with 5 Sundays, we celebrate Family Sunday. Our NC Kids programs (nursery is still available) take a break and we encourage families to worship together. The order of service changes a little with a shorter message and involvement for worshippers of all ages.
What Should I Wear?
Clothes are a good start! You should come as you are and wear whatever makes you comfortable as you engage in worship with your church family. We don’t care what you wear, we care about walking out faith with you.
How We Celebrate Communion
We believe it’s important for our church body to take time every Sunday to reflect, center ourselves and focus on Jesus. We do this because of the incredible sacrifice that was paid on the cross. It’s something to celebrate! So, every Sunday our pastors or elders will give a communion meditation to help us get focused on the cross. Then, we partake in the communion elements. We engage in the elements of communion a little differently each week. Sometimes we pass a tray, sometimes we employ other methods. We don’t ask that you fly your flag here at New Community to participate; we only ask that you are believer in Jesus Christ.
What Is Community Time?
Community Time is a piece of our gathering set aside to get up out of our seats and connect! During this time we encourage you to stand up, get some info at Connection Point, or grab a cup of coffee, but more importantly, connect with another human being. The purpose of Community Time is to engage with one another and start building community.