New Community began in 1999 to reach people in Salina who did not have a church home or did not know God. Dave and Michelle Henry moved from Illinois to work with the Christian Evangelizing Association of Kansas to plant this new church. Since 1999, New Community has experienced steady growth and has met at several locations within Salina. Since 2005, New Community has been located at 530 E. Cloud in Salina. Mike Willich became the lead pastor at New Community in 2016.
Our Mission & VISION
New Community seeks God's guidance to impact our world with the message of Christ by celebrating His love,
maturing his people and embracing all who come.
At New Community, we strive to love like Jesus and live like Jesus.
At New Community, we want you to be able to EXPLORE, EXPAND, and EXTEND your faith. We call this 3E and it's our vision for accomplishing our mission.
Location & TIMES
New Community holds Sunday Celebrations at 9:00 & 10:45 every Sunday at 530 East Cloud in Salina, KS.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, 1 Peter 1:1-2
We believe God is the creator of all things, visible and invisible.
- Gen. 1:1; Acts 17:24-28; Heb. 11:3
We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s one and only Son, our one and only Savior.
- John 1:14; 3:16; 1 John 4:9; 2 Pet. 3:18
- Conceived by the Holy Spirit – Matt. 1:18
- Born of a virgin – Matt. 1:18; Luke 1:26-27
- Fully human and fully divine – John 1:1-2, 14; 10:30; Phil 2:5-8; Col. 2:9
- Died on the cross, was buried and rose from the grave – Luke 23:44-24:8
- Ascended into heaven and is seated at the Father’s right side – Luke 22:69; Col. 3:1
- Will return to earth to judge both the living and the dead – Matt. 24:36-42;
- John 14:1-3; Acts 1:10-11; 10:39-42; 1 Pet. 4:5
We believe in the Holy Spirit.
- A person who is part of the triune God – John 16:5-15; Acts 1:7-8; Matt. 28:19
- Who indwells every Christian – 1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19; 2 Tim. 1:14
- Who empowers Christians for works of service – 1 Cor. 12:4-11
- Who enables us to live Christ-like lives – Gal. 5:16-25
We believe in the Bible, God’s Holy Word, without error in its original form and inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- Matt. 12:36; John 14:26; Acts 1:16
- 1 Cor. 2:12-13; 2 Tim. 3:14-16; 2 Pet. 1:20-21
We believe that humanity, created by God, willfully sinned, and is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ.
- Acts 4:12; Rom. 3:23
We believe that forgiveness of sin is by grace through Jesus Christ.
- Matt. 26:28; Acts 2:38; Rom. 5:9; Eph. 2:4-9; 1 Pet. 1:18-19; 1 John 1:17
We believe that the church is the body and bride of Christ.
- Founded on the day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere - Matt 16 13-18; Acts 2:1, 14-47
We believe that death seals the eternal destiny of each person.
- When Jesus returns, He will pronounce the eternal fate of each individual, both living and dead.
- The Saved will receive eternal life, the unsaved, eternal separation from God.
- John 5:28-29; 6:39; Rom 8:10-11, 19-23